[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.96

Am 24 Sep 2001 schrieb Matthias Weingart <matthias@pentax.boerde.de>:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 06:29:04PM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:
>> Is it just my feeling or is the 2x-speed a bit slower than Play instead of
>> faster?
>
> Yes I think it is so; but I think 2 speed-steps are enough; I would suggest to
> simply drop the >1 and<1 steps.

>From my timing tests I think that 2x speed is a bit faster than
normal play.

The speed values relay on the assumption that every 12th frame is
an i-frame. I don't know if this is true for the average dvb stream.

If there are more i-frames in the stream you get slower replay.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index