[vdr] Re: Wish list for VDR 1.0

Am 28.09.2001 12:43:19, schrieb "Jean-Claude Repetto" <jrepetto@mxmlab.com>:

>1) Subtitles
>According to Dave Chapman, all channels are using teletext subtitles, and
>not DVB subtitles. I know that the OSD capabilities of the Siemens DVB card
>are limited, that it is not possible to display full screen teletext pages,
>but it should be possible to display subtitles.
>In addition to display, VDR should be able to record the subtitles.

I don't think using the OSD is a good idea, we all know that using OSD while replay results in
picture-errors. Since most TVs have a teletext-decoder, it would be better if VDR could record
and replay the teletext. In the case of DVB-subtitles it would then be nice if they were converted
and inserted in the teletext-stream.

>2) Recording multiple audio channels.
>I haven't tried this, but I am not sure that the current version of VDR can
>record several audio tracks, so that it is possible to choose the language
>at replay. Very useful for foreign language learning  _ look at this message

This already works. If you specify multiple audio-pids, they are all recorded and can be chosen
while playing.

>3) Radios
>There are lots of radio channels, all commercial sat receivers can receive
>them, I think lots of people are listening to radios, so VDR should be able
>to receive and record them.

Well.. I think receiving is no problem, but since vdr needs picture-data for indexing, recording
currently is only possible if you specify a valid vpid on the same transponder.

Greetings,  Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index