Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Now I got VDR up and running, but there are a still a few problems
1. Some time after the last input (channel switching) VDR
seems to begin channel switching itself. When I left my box running
during the night I see the following error msg. the next day:
vdr: ERROR: channel 95 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
" " 3 times
vdr: ERROR: channel 101 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
" " 3 times
vdr: ERROR: channel 109 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
" " 3 times
vdr: ERROR: maximum panic level reached
vdr: initiating emergency exit
vdr: emergency exit requested - shutting down
This happens with vdr 0.99pre1 and 0.98
It looks like VDR is scanning all channels for EPG information or
something and detects some wrong- or undefined channels.
How to avoid this?
2. Another strange thing maybe related to the above:
Some time after the last input or some hours of running
the video output disappears. There is no error output on
the console or OSD. VDR seems to operate normal I can switch
channel with the RCU, the related OSD-output appears on my TV
but the video output remains black.
I think this is a prob. with the video drivers and/or the
power management (I heared the DVB-s has problems with the
PM under Windows).
For the RCU I could not find the 4-digit LED from CONRAD in their
actual catalogue, so I checked the wiring and came to the conclusion
that it is possible to use 4 single 7-seg-LED. I ordered the parts
and made the PCB.
But I did not checked careful enough and I had to rewire the PCB by
hand. If there is more interest I will do a redesign of the PCB for
use with single digits (with vertical or horizontal arranged pins).
It would made the RCU more flexible to build without the dependence
on special parts and suppliers. I hope somebody will host the files.
btw: The Irda-port on my old ASUS P/I-P55T2P4 works fine.
For testing the RCU and the other parts in the chain for its
function it would have been easier to know with which types of
remote controls it works. I fiddled around with 4 different types
and one programmable, found one setting by accident.
But the next time I change batteries I have to search again.
(my programmable RC is not very comfortable in the search mode
one has to count the times a button is pressed to get the
related 3-digit code.)
Main Index |