[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

Achim_Lange@t-online.de(Achim Lange)  30.12.01 02:28

Moin,

>Hello Gunnar and Klaus,

>I thought about this feature request also already, but was hesitating,
>because it needs some more than just taking the current EPG-Info. e.g.
>if you start 1 min early you get the wrong name, because you probably
>started the recording because of the following programme.

While recording do probe EPG-info every minute(?)
  Find if first string already stored
  if not stored store the new string
  else increment it's found counter.
On End of recording take the EPG-string that was most often found
and rename the recording...?

But Klaus is right: Is it worth the effort?

>Maybe VDR could present both the current and the following EPG-info
>and let the use decide with up and down buttons + ok button, which
>name he wants for the recording?

Hm, for an "instant recording" the time to start
is still too long (for my taste).
I would expect that "one button no question ask" should be enough.

With VDR harddisk there is no risc anymore to overwrite/delete an other
recording accidently like on old tape VCRs would happen and required
precautions.

I'm dreaming of an "always background recording" (to RAM? 500MB RAM
is not so much expensive anymore. To save 1 minute in a ringbuffer
it'll need approx. "just" 30MB, 4 Minutes, 128MB  may be sufficient, just
30EUR)
so when i press "instant recording" those some "minutes
of the past" will be saved too and -the biggest/main/primary advantage-
i don't have to hurry to set up the instant timer: The recording
is already running.

Of cause this recording to RAM sh/would allow to ringbuffer
more than one channel/dvb card for those who likes to zapp
during commericals and always returns 30sec too late...
Or an entire Transponder stream? ;-)

---

To avoid the naming and timing conflicts i currently
don't use "instant recording" anymore.
It's just one key more to "schedule" and press "record" there:
So i have the right name and timings.
What would be a nice feature:
That those "one day timer" only becomes deactivated after recording
and not deleted... :-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index