[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 12:32:46PM +0100, Reiner Rosin wrote:
> Hi,

> > Showview needs VPS. And VPS is not available for vdr yet.
>
> No, showview doesn't need VPS, it's just a algorithm for

You are right. You do not need VPS to implement showview. But
a clean implementation of Showview is using the VPS (if available) and
start the recording if Showview and VPS data are identical.

 For "our vdr" I think it is easy to decode the showview data and create a
timer entry from it. The channel is a number from 1..128(?) in 4 tables
which should map to the right channel in the channels.conf (the coding is
the same as wirh VPS). And the start and stop times are easy to decode.
(unnoted the legal issue)

The advantage is - you do not need to search "scroll" to your channel.
 Entering 12356

is much easier as programming a timer:

 scroll to the right channel
 jump to starttime, insert startime 1215