[vdr] Re: Wired Remotecontroll

Hello
Emil Naepflein wrote:

> > Is it possible to use 2 LIRC devices on 1 Machine
>
> Why?
> LIRC can receive any number of different IR codes from different remotes
> without problem. I use this to control VDR from different remote brands
> (Pronto and OFA).
> And multiple client programs can connect to LIRC concurrently.
> On the other side you will have a problem to start two concurrent lircd
> because the lirc port will already be used. You may have to use a
> different server port for the second lircd.
>
> Emil

I am having quite the same problem ; i would like to control my VDR
server from another room with a second remote control and still use the
first remote to control VDR when i am working on my server (main Linux
PC) and looking at tv at the same time (or listening radio).

The remote captor (in my case H+ remote) has to be in one room and i
don't want to buy an IR repeater just for that.

I would have prefer using the same kind of remote just to help remember
key bindings and because it is very comfortable to control using remote
(allways working, no need to activate TV Window or KVDR etc.).

I still searching for a good solution (maybe using internet keyboard
unused keys, etc.).

Patrick Gueneau

Home | Main Index | Thread Index