[vdr] Re: addign STB-style timeshifting to VDR

I agree with Klaus. Keep it simple.
Anyway - some enhancements could make watching tv with VDR even more
exciting:
Pause: press pause button (could be same as used in replay mode) on your
remote -> VDR could almost do the same as "Menu - Red" does today.
In addition to that, VDR could immediately go into play mode of that
recording, starts playing the first frame and then it pauses. In the
meanwhile VDR records as usual.
Now you are in play mode and you can continue watching after your break.
A further enhancement for ending the play mode could be that VDR knows
that the recording was not invoked by a timer and in this special case
it would automatically delete the recording after leaving play mode.
Maybe the behavior is configurable: 3 options are possible here:
 1) ask user if recording should be deleted
 2) don't ask but while watching timeshifted the user can press a button
at the remote to mark the recoring for "keep" -> VDR doesn't delete
recording after leaving play-mode.
 3) delete it after watching without asking the user

Anton