[vdr] Re: VDR, LIRC and the Hauppauge DVB-s 2.1 remote control

> thank you very much. It was indeed a problem with the configuration
> file. Using your lircd.conf (adapted for the use with VDR) everything
> works as expected.

I don't know if anyone else has observed the same problem: if the ARM
crashes and restarts, the on-board IR receiver doesn't work anymore. This is
very bad if VDR is replaying a recording because you cannot stop the replay
anymore 8-)

I often had crashes when replaying a recording in fast-forward or
fast-backward mode. Repeated keystrokes on the remote control seem to reduce
the stability of the driver. These problems are now gone since I started
using a serial IR receiver which also has a much wider working angle than
the IR receiver of my Rev. 2.1 board.

Regards,
hh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index