[vdr] Re: timers not automatically deleted

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> > > I think this is not true, a one shot time IS deleted when made
> > > inactive during recording. We talked about this and the
> > > misleading comments in the source some time ago. You called it a
> > > feature ...
> >
> > Yes, you're right.
> >
> > But then I don't understand how such a timer could not be deleted
> > after finishing. This has never happened here.
>
> happens every time here. it.s no problem though. i was just wondering.
> so i have to delete them by hand. no problem
>
> maybe it.s a problem with the hw-clock / systemtime. maybe the become
> out of sync and so the timer never reaches the end. (actualy it does
> but only misses the end by eg. a few seconds)
>
> servus hannes!

I don't think so, because VDR only uses the system time and doesn't
look directly into the hardware clock. If the recording ends because
the end time has been reached, that condition should still hold after
the recording has ended and VDR decides whether to delete the timer.

Could you throw in a few debug outputs, so that you can follow VDR's
"thoughts" when it decides not to delete the timer? I'd really like
to find out what causes this, because it wasn't designed that way,
and it works just fine here.

Klaus