[vdr] Re: no encrypted channels ?

Nils Heidorn wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> hors ago i asked abot the "can't start transfer mode" message and Klaus told
> me what was wrong -> the setting in the channels.conf file.
>
> No i do not get that message anymore after i edited those nasty 3's to be
> 1's   :)
>
> But on all encrypted channels i just get a black screen, what am i still
> doing wrong ??
>
> windvblive under windoze runs fine with encrypted channels and also a vdr
> 0.71 boot disk ( the one made by cbarts ) runs fine with encrypted channels,
> only my state-of-the art 0.99 pre 1 does not work, did i miss anything ??
>
> ( well obviously that must be the case )
>
> thanks again for any help/info,
>
> Nils

Did you replay a recording before trying to switch to an encrypted channel?
There's a problem with replaying on DVB cards that contain a CAM module.
Sometimes the module (or the driver/firmware?) go into a state where it
can't decrypt any more. Reloading the driver and restarting VDR normally
cures this - until next time you replay... :-(

Klaus