[vdr] Re: vdr DVD playback, DVD-R Problem, 2 Questions ...

Hi,

Quoting Nils Heidorn (nils@nils-heidorn.com):

> I can playback DVD's just fine, PAL as well as NTSC, but my self-burned
> DVD-R's ( using a Pioneer DVR-A03 ) do not play, vdr complains about the ifo
> file not beeing found ?!
>
> When i mount a regular DVD and compare to my DVD-R, i can see that the
> directory & filenames on my DVD-R are all uppercase while many of the
> commercial DVD's have lowercase filenames, is that a track to the solution
> of the problem ???

In shouldn't make a difference at application level because the DVD Video
Standard allows both uppercase and lowercase names for directories and
files. But if the DVD part of VDR only looks for uppercase/lowercase entries
this could be the problem (just an assumption).

I guess the real problem is that there are 2 different DVD File System
Specifications: for DVD-ROM and DVD-R (beside of the General/Authoring
Versions and the DVD-RAM & DVD-RW Versions). I suppose that the
specifications are different on some topics and that the Open Source Linux
solutions only "comply" to the DVD-ROM Version.

> -1- I can playback NTSC movies just fine on my regular TV Set, but when i
> use my other one, the image is Black and white, as this TV does not support
> NTSC.
> But from playing with a Hollywood+ Card i know that it supports PAL60, is
> the DVB-S able ( and how can i make it ) to play NTSC as PAL 60 ???

Maybe one of the driver developers has an answer to this question :-).

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index