[vdr] AW: vdr DVD playback, DVD-R Problem, 2 Questions ...

Hi again,

now i know that i have to post this to the vdr mailing list instead to the
linux-dvd list( Thanks for Szymon Polom for pointing this out ), here we go
:-)

>From Marcus Metzler i already got the answer to my PAL60 Question, it seems
not to be possible to talk the DVB-S into converting from NTSC to PAL60.

I also got the hint to ask here about the "not-playing-back" of my homebrew
DVD-R Discs.

So far i got two hints:

-1- DVD-R may use a slightly different file System then regular DVD's.
--> could that be the problems source ?? I can only say that i am able to
mount DVD-R's with UDF Filesystem and can access all files from linux.

-2- vdr maybe implemented DVD Playback in a way that uppercase / lowercase
naming of the DVD Files can make a difference while the original libdvdread
should ignore upper/lowercase letters, Klaus, any opinion on this ??

The other question also got solved, i found a vcd/svcd patch HERE:

http://www.heiligenmann.de/download/vdr-0.98-vcd.diff

Thanks for your help,

Nils

> Hi !
>
> Maybe you got a hint for me, 1 thing is bugging me right now:
>
> I can playback DVD's just fine, PAL as well as NTSC, but my self-burned
> DVD-R's ( using a Pioneer DVR-A03 ) do not play, vdr complains
> about the ifo
> file not beeing found ?!
>
> When i mount a regular DVD and compare to my DVD-R, i can see that the
> directory & filenames on my DVD-R are all uppercase while many of the
> commercial DVD's have lowercase filenames, is that a track to the solution
> of the problem ???
>

> the other Questions:
>
> -1- I can playback NTSC movies just fine on my regular TV Set, but when i
> use my other one, the image is Black and white, as this TV does
> not support
> NTSC.
> But from playing with a Hollywood+ Card i know that it supports PAL60, is
> the DVB-S able ( and how can i make it ) to play NTSC as PAL 60 ???
>
> -2- I know i saw a patch for playing VCD's and SVCD's with vdr too, but i
> cannot remember where to find it, any hints ?
>

> Thanks for any hints/infos,
>
> Nils

Home | Main Index | Thread Index