[vdr] Re: AW: AW: Re: rmmod modules hangs linux box.

----- Original Message -----
From: Nils Heidorn <nils@nils-heidorn.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 6:51 PM
Subject: [vdr] AW: AW: Re: rmmod modules hangs linux box.

> > > working after
> > >
> > > I think this is still the old problem !
> > >
> > > I canīt belive that itīs not possible to fix this :-(
> > > A simple CAM-Reset would be enough....
> > >
> > > CU
> > >
> > > Axel
> > >
> > Hmm, is it really easy to do ?? I wonder why it is not implemented then
?

> > Maybe there is more to it ?!
>
> I just found THIS in the dvb.c driver source:
>
> ---------------------------------
>
>         case DVB_DEVICE_CA_0:
>                 switch (cmd) {
>                 case CA_RESET:
>
>                       break;
>
>                 case CA_GET_CAP:
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> so sending a CA_RESET would do no good, seems as if the driver needs to be
> updated to actually DO a CAM Reset when asked to, otherwise there is
nothing
> that vdr can do ...
>
> ( Or did i get all wrong ?! )

I think you have an old driver. This is what I have :

        case DVB_DEVICE_CA_0:
                switch (cmd) {
                case CA_RESET:

#ifdef NEW_CI

                        return ci_ll_reset(&dvb->ci_wbuffer, file, arg,
&dvb->ci_slot[0]);
#endif
                      break;

                case CA_GET_CAP:

But I have not tried to add a CAM-Reset command in VDR.

Jean-Claude

Home | Main Index | Thread Index