[vdr] Re: Multiple DVB cards?

Hello,

Emil Naepflein wrote:

> > 3) You could do a multi-room setup with delivering tv/radio-signal to (# of
> > cards) tv-sets
> > (with one common film-base)
>
> This would be only possible if you run separate VDRs for each card. But
> then you loose the benefit of concurrent recording and/or timeshifting.
> For true multi-room support I would use diskless clients with one DVB-s
> card using NFS over 100 MBit ethernet.

I also think it is the best solution.

The problem is DVBS card is rather expensive.
I have tested H+/DXR3 card to replay VDR files using MPlayer ; it works
quite well. Using NFS and a string like
 'cat 001.vdr 002.vdr 003.vdr | mplayer -vo dxr3 .... - ' you can replay
during recording ( 002.vdr 003.vdr file  don't need to exist when you
start replay).

H+ card can be used in really old/used PC based on Pentium133 (used
LPX/MicroATX PCs from Nec/Bull can be found for less than 300 Euros in
France) .

All I have to do now is to adapt/develop a limited VDR program which
will use SUBPIC to do OSD on H+ Card.

But i still have to find someone on this list to help me :-(

Patrick Gueneau.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index