[vdr] Re: Suggestions for mp3-extension

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 19:52, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2002 Cornelius Hald <hald@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > So, if I like to hear music, I go to the Album-Entry I want to hear and
> > press the red button. Everything works great and I love that extension,
> > but I don't like pressing the yellow button (Blättern) everytime before
> > I can choose the Artists. It would be very nice if this could be
> > configurable.
>
> I put this on the TODO list.

Thanks!

> > It would also be great if vdr would remember the
> > menu-possition inside the mp3 menu.
> > For example if I would like to hear
> > /audio/Sting/Brand New Day/... and then
> > /audio/Sting/Mercury Falling/... I have to go all the way down twice.
>
> This has been implemented in version 0.32. Please update and
> report if the feature is not working as expected.

So, now I´ve updated. It works as expected if I´m in a subdirectory, for
example /audio/Sting/ that´s great thank you.
But, ähm, there´s another thing. I think it would be good if vdr would
remember the position of the selection in the toplevel directory
(/audio/) too. I mean, if I want to hear music, I press:
MENU -> MP3 -> YELLOW than I select an entry [Sting] and press the RED
button. After a while I press BACK to stop playback and to select
another Album.
So, now I have to press YELLOW again and then I´m again at the top of
the list (/audio/). I think it would be better to be on the entry
[Sting] again, where I last left the Menu.

I hope this was not too confusing. If you don´t like this idea just
forget it, but it would be great if you´re going to implement this.

Thanks for the work done already!

> > BTW are there plans to support other audio formats like wav or ogg etc.?
>
> Not at the moment. But feel free to supply any patches :-)

I would like to do so, but I´m one of these lazy "endusers" with no
programming skills :-)

Greets
Conny

Home | Main Index | Thread Index