[vdr] Convert DVD to play with VDR

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Convert DVD to play with VDR (30-Jan-2002 16:44)
From:    r.goerke@advantest.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a script or know how to convert a
> DVD so that I can play it like a vdr recording.
>
> Read something about tccat ( transcode ), genindex and
> copy to video directory but couldn't find a proper way.

Sometime ago i posted this:

Im doing all the processing with Windows,
hope it helps nevertheless.

First split the *.vob-files to video and
audio with vstrip from (www.maven.de).
Adjust vstrip to set the output video-vob
to 25fps and aspect ratio of 4:3 to keep
anamorphic ratio.

Then convert the *.ac3 audio-file to mpegII
audio with tmpgenc
(http://www.yks.ne.jp/~hori/index-e.html).

At last multiplex the video *.vob and the
generated *.mp2 audio file with tmpgenc.

If its needed (e.g. if you want to store
the resulting files on a ext2-fs) you can
split the outcome with mpgsplit (small prg,
dont know where i got it).

Then use genindex (see topic) to generate
the needed index.vdr. As i mentioned this
works, but ff/rw is without picture.

This is my way to convert dvd to vdr, i'm
sure there are other ways to go respectively
you can use other programms to do the
conversion.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index