[vdr] Re: Question/Suggestion regarding vdr's collcted epg data

Hi,

> Currently vdr only writes the video/epg.data file. It needs some programming
> to read the epg.data on start of vdr, and sometimes it is completely useless
> to read it (after a shutdown of some days).

for me this works (hint: me using a ramdisk for epg.data for keeping
disks quiet):

in rc.local (or where you start vdr):

---------------
# VDR starten
if [ -f /video0/epg.data ]; then
         cp /video0/epg.data /ram/
fi
if [ -f /home/tv/DVB/VDR/runvdr ]; then
         /home/tv/DVB/VDR/runvdr.1 &
fi
---------------

and the script for shutting down vdr (PowerOff-Key):

---------------
#!/bin/sh
if [ -f /ram/epg.data ]; then
         /bin/rm -f /video0/epg.data.back
         /bin/cp -f /video0/epg.data /video0/epg.data.back
         /bin/rm -f /video0/epg.data
         /bin/cp -f /ram/epg.data /video0/
fi

halt