[vdr] AC3 over DVB-S' SPDIF

Hi,

some time ago we had the discussion of converting AC3 to plain
PCM for transmitting the AC3 to an external Receiver by DVB-S'
SPDIF.

I've found a stdin/-out tool (opensource, called "AC3IEC958 V.1.1.1")
which shall be able to do that conversion.

But we had the question if the DVB-S' hardware is able to pass
by the PCM without any changes and the sample rate.

As for the DVB-S now handles 48 khz, it shouldn't be a problem.

Are there any news about the passing by unchanged?

Rene

-----