[vdr] Re: DVD-Navigation

Hi,

Quoting Andreas Schultz (aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de):
> apieper@gmx.net wrote:

> >Don't missunderstand me: It's really great if vdr can replay dvds,
> >but why so uncomfortable (vdr showed how comfortable playback can be).

> I'm not sure what you mean by "uncomfortable". My goal is to make VDR
> act like a "normal" DVD player (with some extras).

Good goal, but not easily possible because of two limitations:

1. DVB OSD ist too weak for DVD Video SPU format. You would have to use
something like DirectFB instead. SPU ist used for subtitles as well for menu
graphics.

2. You are lacking the DVD Video Standard to ensure the "normal" DVD Video
player functionality.

I asking me if anyone in the Linux community would be willing to pay for a
comercial DVD Video player application (with professional support) that
is fully DVD Video standard compliant.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index