[vdr] Re: Bug by deleting a Record

"Koch, Steffen" wrote:

> > > normaly yes... but you should give vdr time to really delete
> > > the recording.
> > and how long shold I wait?  VDR shold 'see' the existing
> > 'deleted' file and then delete it also physicly.
> normally if no recording is in progress vdr starts approx. 1 minute after
> last user input
>
> @Klaus: true or not??

Yes, that's true, because actually deleting a recording which may consist
of several GB of data can take a while, and if there's a recording going on
at that time there may be buffer overflows. Therefore VDR tries to do
this when it has nothing else to do.

But I agree that if renaming a recording to *.del it should first check
if there is already such a name and physically remove it.

I'll change it that way...

Klaus