[vdr] Re: Two DVB-Cards

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Lutz Feldgen (LF) wrote:

LF> since one hour i am the owner of a second full featured dvb-s ;)
LF> i installed the card and timeshifting works fine...
LF> I set the primaryDVB to the new card which has no cam.
LF> the only point i am wondering about is that i have to set the entry in
LF> the channels.conf for all channels to the dvb-card that has the
LF> sat-input...and the cam.

so only one card is connected to a sat cable?

LF> i thought that i can use the "0" with the free-tv-channels to let vdr
LF> choose, which card to select to tune this channel. but it didn't
LF> work (only black screen). Therefore i can't watch one channel while
LF> recording another channel on the same transponder...

AFAIK,  it's  not possible now  to  watch  one  channel  while recording
another  channel with your config  (although it should  be  possible  in
theory -- at least for the same transponder)

the only thing you can do is watch a recording on the primary card while
recording something on the second card.

You'll have to connect both cards to the LNB (eventually over  a switch)
to be able to use the full advantages of a two-card-system.

IIRC Rainer Zocholl  posted  a patch  some days ago  for  connecting two
cards to  the same  cable,  so you'll be able to  watch  and  record two
channels on the same polarization at the same time.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain