[vdr] Re: Videotext over S-Video-Out

Andreas Gebel wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have connected my Philips 32-PW8707 to my DVB Card by a S-Video SCART
> Cable. For a long time I wondered that videotext did not work. Last time I
> accidently started the DVB driver with CVBS output and Videotext did work. So
> I am not sure if the DVB card does not insert the Videotext signal to S-Video
> or the TV is unable to decode a Videotext signal from S-Video.

I made the same experience. Most probably the signal is not able to
transfer the part of the signal containing the VT signal.

VT works for me in CVBS and RGB modes (CVBS is used to sync the RGB). Of
course, recordings do not contain VT signals.

As the 8707 has 2x RGB input, i recommend using this...

 - Thomas

--
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index