[vdr] Re: cDvbApi Open

> Andreas Roedl wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > Last night I wrote a little script which sends a SVDRP-MESG
> when an ISDN call
> > comes in (svdrpsend.pl -d liquid "MESG Incoming call from
> $2 to $3") but I'm
> > a bit unhappy with the OSD message display. When I watch a
> movie my 16:9 TV
> > set switches the aspect and I can't see the message
> anymore. So I tried to
> > patch the Open() call in "cInterface::Info" but here's the
> problem: I don't
> > understand what the second argument of "cDvbApi::Open" means.
> >
> > Klaus, could you explain how I can set the message to the
> middle of the
> > screen? I tried values between 1 and 60 but no luck! The
> hight argument in
> > "cDvbApi::Open" is a bit difficult to understand - at least
> for my little
> > brain. :-)
>
> Why don't you just reduce the Setup parameter "OSDheight"?
> This would also make the OSD menus fully visible on a 16:9 screen.
>
> Klaus
> --
>
> Klaus Schmidinger                       Phone: +49-8635-6989-10
> CadSoft Computer GmbH                   Fax:   +49-8635-6989-40
> Hofmark 2                               Email:   kls@cadsoft.de
> D-84568 Pleiskirchen, Germany           URL:     www.cadsoft.de

15 seems to be a good value for OSDheight in 16:9 mode.
BUT with NTSC-DVDs there seems to be a possibility of improvement.
Since NTSC has less lines per frame the OSD is not vertically centered.
Therefore, you'll have to uses even lower values (e.g. 12 or 13) leaving the
top part of the screen empty.

Cheers,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index