[vdr] Re: VDR config files in /etc/vdr?

Lutz Feldgen wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> Saturday, March 23, 2002, 5:39:04 PM, you wrote:
>
> KS> I'm in the process of finalizing VDR for the big release 1.0.0 and was
> KS> wondering if it would be a good idea to have the config files in /etc/vdr
> KS> by default.
>
> I think it would be better to have the files used over multiple
> versions of vdr in directories that survive testing a new version
> without backup/copying...

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean.
The config files are by default searched in the /video directory,
so it will always use the same files with different program versions.
If you prefer to have the config files in program version dependent
directories, you can control that with the '-c' command line option
when starting VDR.

Or am I missing something here?

Klaus