[vdr] Re: performance during cutting

That's right.
Have you ever done a 'find / -name foo.bar -print' on an ext2/ext3 fs ?
This'll take several minutes.
Since xfs stores this kind of information extremely efficient, the same command on an xfs fs takes less than a second.
xfs is optimized for many files on large partitions.

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index