[vdr] Re: displaying the signal level and the snr

alesan@manoweb.com(Alessio Sangalli)  29.03.02 10:56

Once upon a time Alessio Sangalli shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi, I've made a little modification to VDR to display the signal
>strength and the snr on the osd whenever you press ok or you change
>channel; it also puts the values in the syslog.

>what do you think?

Nice, long missed feature!

But sorry, i got only

Signal Strength: 0dBm, SNR: 0dB.

ioctl returns status "noerror"(0) and sets the value to 0
There must be a problem on deeper levels?

(DVB-S 1.5 and 2.1, 2.1 primary, both running on the same channel.)

Maybe the (Syslog-)feature should be made selectable
and should contain the channel too?

Are there any infos for "error rate" too?

Maybe the place on top of the "OK" is too valuable for such a
"technical" informations?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index