[vdr] S-video out aon dvb-s 1.3

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] S-video out aon dvb-s 1.3 (31-Mrz-2002 17:51)
From:    kunze@gmx.net
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Hi all,
>
> I just build an s-video adapdter to get the signals from J2 to my tv via
> s-video.
> I used the description on lindy.cc.
> But i am rather disappointed the image is not better than teh composite
> image was, it is even worth, because there is some strange background
> noise in all images.
> Anyone has or had a problem like that?

I am using s-video out, too.

The picture is not extremly better than composite-out
but its noticeable.

Specially background noise and flickering of big one-coloured
surfaces is much better with s-video out than with composite-out.

Maybe you should check your cables from the dvbs-card to the
s-video socket, i noticed that the signal is very sensitive
if they are not ok. Even if i just place the cables little
bit different the flickering of big surfaces changes significantly.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index