[vdr] advice for archivating format

Hi all,

since I have played with vdr a bit longer now and even bought a bigger HD for
this, I would like to archivate some recordings on CD-Rs.

What is the best format? I tried divx with mencoder and this really results in
small filesizes with good quality. The only disadvantage is, that the output
on the TV set is totally unusable (even with several options like -framedrop
etc) because video and audio output is totally stuttering. If I watch them on
the computer monitor (no output trough dvb) everything is fine.

System: Athlon 500, 640MB Ram, Linux 2.4.10-4GB, latest dvb and vdr drivers,
latest mplayer/mencoder from cvs

So, I need your advice please...

Heinz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index