[vdr] Re: DVB-S Pri and DVB-C Sec ca.conf issue

bernd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe I'm to stupid for setting up a DVB-S as primary and a DVB-C as
> secondary, both cards have CI Interface with module but in the channel.conf
> is only one field ca to define a channel to card (2) but this parameter is
> also used for define the channel to by crypted (101), so what do I have to
> configure.

If a channel can only be received by a specific card, just set the 'Ca'
parameter of that channel to the number of that card.  It doesn't matter
whether that channel is encrypted or not, because by saying "this channel
can only be received by card #2", for instance, VDR automatically assumes
that card #2 will be able to decrypt the channel.

Using the values like '101' has been implemented to allow the user to
define that "this channel need decryption method 101" and in the CICAM
setup he can define which cards are able to provide this decryption
method.

Klaus