[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB with nav7 and/or liveac3

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 21:45, Gerald Raaf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today i do some other tests with vdr-1.0.0pre5 with the following
> patches
> nav7
> nav7 with liveac3
> aio
> and with 3 DVB cards 2 Rev. 1.3 Cards and one Rev 2.1 Card (the new
> Nexus Card from Hauppauge) with the following connections
> the 1.3 Cards are connected to the satellite and the nexus card has a
> connection to TV and an DD Receiver
>
> i can watch Premiere World, recorded movies and DivX Movies with Mplayer
> (only with aio patch) all with normal sound. So far so good, then i want
> to watch recorded movies and DVDs with DD and DTS sound, then the
> problems began.
>
> If i connect the SPDIF out from DVB-Nexus Card to the external DD/DTS
> Receiver and start vdr without -a switch, vdr crashes with segmentation
> fault.

I've posted a patch for this a minute ago.

> When i connect the DVB-SPDIF to the SPDIF on the Livedrive and watch the
> movies/dvd i get DD sound, but AV is about 1sec out of sync, the tests i
> did with the -a switch and play-ac3/emu10k1 from sourceforge and ac3dec
> -P from alsa-0.9beta12 package. When i jump forward with the yellow Key
> DD signal is lost

The sound loss on jump is a problem with both ac3 programs, i use a52dec
without such problems. There was patch on the ML for play-ac3 to fix it too.
The sound delay is due the buffer beetwen vdr, ac3dec/play-ac3 and the
soundcard. This can IMHO not be solved reliably.

> Then i read in the mailling list that there are problems with mor than
> one DVB-card and watching Liveac3 so i remove the 1.3 Card and connect
> the Nexus-Card with the satelite and spdif-out with the DD-receiver, but
> still the same behavior with the movies as written above. I also do the
> tests with the -a switch as described above.
>
> my question is can i connect the DVB-SPDIF directly to the DD receiver
> without passthrough over soundcard, is ac3 still broken, or anybody  out
> there with an idea how to solve this problems

yes, but not in live TV mode. For playback of DVD and recording you need to
apply the above mentioned patch, or just wait for the next AIO patch.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index