[vdr] Re: dvd problems

Hi,

On Friday 05 April 2002 21:42, apieper@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago i discovered dvd problems.
> Nothing helped.
>
> After some days i now had time do investigate that further:
>
> If i play a dvd, use ff/rw sometimes the picture stays
> on the screen, vdr-menus, commands etc. are still usable
> and cpu-load hangs at 100%. If i try to stop replay in
> this case (wether with 'back'/'blue'-key or thrugh starting
> a new replay) vdr exit.

ff/rew is somewhat problematic. When i try it here, my remote (LIRC) stops
responsing. I guess, this is what happens to you too. So far i have been
unable to determin what is causing it. I always thought that this problem was
somewhat special to my setup, as nobody else had reported similar problems.

> My dvd-files are on a server, accessed through smb.
> For testing purposes i put them on the vdr-pc hdd - same behaviour.
>
> Any hints?
> Does anybody else discovered such problems?
>
> Configuration: vdr 1.0.0pre5 with aio-patch.
>
> ...Andreas
>

> P.S. now (don't know when this changed) the up/down keys 8+2 are
>      exchanged, where can i change that back?

There was a request a while back to swap 8 and 2 for keyboards as on normal PC
keyboars 8 is up and 2 down. The key mapping on the remote control shouldn't
have changed. You can edit menu.c, look for 'DVDCtrlUpperButtonSelect', and
map those function to any key you like.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index