[vdr] Re: How to delete recordings?

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  07.04.02 11:01

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>> Or move all directories/files to be deleted to a "del" directory
>> to avoid a lengthly "find" instead of renaming each single file?
>>
>> That would allow to view trash can contents too and to implement
>> -someday- an easy an fast "undelete" too.
>>
>> The free disc estimate would be a single "du -s /video/del"
>> to add the "real" volume.

>I don't like the idea of moving around the directories, because they
>may be spread over several disks.

OK, that right.

>If your main concern is that you want recordings to be physically
>removed immediately

No.

Actually is my main concern is to be warned, if the next timer will
run into low disc space. But that's sounds very much like AI... ;-)

It could be estimated, which timer will be the first to run
into "full disc", if all deletions are done automatically.
If this is the next, the user has to be warned.
If it's a later, it's up to the user to decide, if he would
be able to delete tomorrow, after the weeekend, holidays  etc.

But that would be pure luxus...

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //