[vdr] vdr 0.71 & 0.72

 Hi,

 Yes, I know I am asking something about old and ancient versions, but
please don't flame me.

 From what I managed to read in the list archives (older archives are no
longer at linuxtv.org :(
), many people had succesfully used 0.71/0.72 with 0.8.2 driver for
quite some time before they switched to 0.9x or newer.

 From a previous post I found out that definitely my hardware should be
adequate for recording.
 Anyway, please, if you can give me some suggestions for these versions
of vdr :

 driver 0.8.2 with skystar 1.
 vdr (both versions) record from some station (tried mediaset and RAI
stations) from hotbird with excellent signal level, vber=0 (checked with
dvbd), with poor results :
- video has occasional hiccups (squares) which do not appear while
watching during the recording process
- audio is fragmented, a 1min. clip has about 2-3 seconds of audio in
it, totally fragmented, most of it at the beginning of the recording.
- vdr 0.7.2 often crashes wih segmentation fault when I stop the
recording, or the next command  after recording stopped.

 If any of the users of vdr-0.7.1&2 experienced such problems and
managed to solve them before vdr-0.8 (and driver 0.9.x), please tell me
how you managed to do it.

 Many thanks.

--
ing. Andrei Boros