[vdr] Re: LNB-sharing patch updated and Kirch-Channels-Problem

Hello Rainer,

RZ> lfeldgen@gmx.net(Lutz Feldgen)  09.04.02 12:07

>>As I said in the two mails before, I have only two dvb-s cards.

>>One connected to the LNB (secondary device) and the second one
>>(primary device) connected through loop-cable from output of the
>>first card into input of the second card.
RZ>                               ~~~~~~~~~~~ "secondary device card"?

Yes, sorry, I mixed the terms...
your picture is exactly right.

LNB -------+  +-------------+
RZ>        |  |             |
RZ>       +-----+         +-----+
RZ>       |     |         |     |
RZ>       |     |         |     +---TV
RZ>       |     |         |     |
RZ>         sec            prim
RZ>         card           card

>>(connecting while power-off, surely),

RZ> Which "power" is off?
RZ> How?

Hehe, the power of my vdr-computer, to prevent the dvb from being
headached by lnb-power

If I ask "sec card" to tune the channel and display it over "prim
card" is the same like asking the "prim card" to tune and display. The
"sec card" behaves glitching as long as loop-through is connected,
independent of patch. Only if I disconnect the loop-cable the "sec
card" works well again, thus surely without ability of using
"prim card" to tune a channel while "sec card" records...

I hope my situation is clear now, if not I think we should use direct
mailing instead of annoying the others on the list ;)

--
Best regards,
 Lutz                            mailto:lfeldgen@gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index