[vdr] Re: AIO - disable LiveAC3

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 14:35, Richard Cieply wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> the latest AIO has LiveAC3 implemented.
> But there is no make option to disable this code at compile time.
> Wouldn't it be better  to have LIVEAC3-def to enable/disable
> LIVEAC3 like all the other patches - at least for those who have no AC3 HW?

LiveAC3 can also be used when you have a 6 channel soundcard, like the SB
Live. I plan to make AC3overDVB and LiveAC3 a runtime option that can be
switched through the OSD Setup Menu. This will also include the option to
disable all internal AC3 decoding when '-a' is used.

> With vdr-1.0.0-AIO-020408 I observed that the LiveAC3 is started and
> stopped immediatly every time I switch to another channel.
> I have no AC3 Hardware.

Yep, there is a small bug. A fix for that was posted some minutes ago by Dr.
Werner Fink.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index