[vdr] Re: Introduction from newbie

Hi,

On Thursday 11 April 2002 11:06, Andreas Roedl wrote:
> Hello!

[...]

> Of course you could burn the MPEG2PES that you get from DVB/VDR to a DVD-R
> but this is not the right stream type of a DVD. Sometimes I burn the
> MPEG2PES stream without any conversion to a CDR, but this is only playable
> by VDR itself or some sort of computer software but not on a DVD/(S)VCD
> player. It depends on the target system that replays your recordings.
> Conversion is necessary for DVD/(S)VCD player. The conversion and burning

The conversion to DVD and SVCD is IMHO a rather simple rearranging of frames.
There should be no video or audio resampling needed. So it should be possible
to do most of the necessary DVD or SVCD conversion on the fly during
recording. I don't know what is needed for SVCD, but for DVDs some simple
post processing will be needed to fix up the inlined PCI and DSI packets, the
.ifo also needs to be build during the fix-up process.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index