[vdr] Re: Introduction from newbie

On Thursday 11 April 2002 11:52, Axel Gruber wrote:
> > The conversion to DVD and SVCD is IMHO a rather simple rearranging of
> > frames.
> > There should be no video or audio resampling needed. So it should be
> > possible
> > to do most of the necessary DVD or SVCD conversion on the fly during
> > recording. I don't know what is needed for SVCD, but for DVDs some simple
> > post processing will be needed to fix up the inlined PCI and DSI packets,
> > the
> > .ifo also needs to be build during the fix-up process.
>
> Do you know a Programm wich can do this ?

no, but i belive it could be done in vdr. The first thing we need is to get
the conversion to DVD compliant PES stream. mplex is doing this, so we could
borrow this code. In this stream the PCI/DSI packets need to inline. They
contain forward references, so they need to be fixed after the recording is
complete. PCI/DSI packets are also the cell/VOBU boundarys. As soon as the
correct position of all PCI/DSI packets is known, the ifo's can be generated.

The biggest problem is that the PCI/DSI packets contain absolut block
adresses, those obviosly depend on the excact position of the VOB on the dvd.

> The other thing is that DVD-VIDEO is a UDF-File-Format - i´m richt ?

yep, i think mkfs.udf exists.

> If you have a Idea or solution to crate a DVD out of VDR-files - please
> let me know !

No existing tool, we would have to build then out selfs, me thinks.....

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index