[vdr] Re: Introduction from newbie

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Steffen Koch (SK) wrote:

SK> Ulrich Petri wrote:
SK>
SK> > I dont know for nfs overhead but
SK> > 100 Mbit/s = 12.5 MB/s
SK> > At least with smbmount and a 100 mbit net i can record 2 movies to my
SK> > server and watch third from it without any problems (vdr box: PII-266)

SK> In my net (100MBit/s) I get approx. 5-6 MB/sec over SMB. I wondered if
SK> it is faster via NFS. I know that FTP gets me some over 8 MB/sec...

as I wrote in the other mail, you just need 3.46*4 = 13.84 Mb/s for 4
streams, which is 1.73 MB/s transferrate needed for the plain streams
(plus other overheads like smb, nfs or ftp etc.) so the 5-6 MB/sec you get
over SMB should be enough.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de