[vdr] Re: premiere news (audiovision 05/2002)

> Hi List,
>
> a brief summary from audivision 05/2002 (german home-theater
> magazine) concerning PW:
>
> "In the past it was possible to watch premiere with an (alpha-
> crypt or) irdeto-CI-module and the apporpriate Premiere-Smart-
> card. This wouldn't be possible anymore later this year. The
> new decrypting method: BETACRYPT2."
>
> That means:
> An update of the irdeto-CI-module would be neccessary to im-
> plement this method. But would it be available? 4.7SE?
>
> "Premiere will deliver their own CI-modules. The manufactu-
> rers of CI-receivers explicitly had to certify their hardware
> in order to make these pw-modules work. Already delivered
> receivers probably couldn't be certified, because of the de-
> pendency on the specific hardware."
>
> And that means ... ? Time for speculation !!!

Well, the Allcam is hardwarewise identical to the cam in (at least some
versions of) the d-box1. Since they too will work with BC2 it is out of
the question that the Allcam will work. This might require a software
update, though.
If this is the case we'll have to wait and see if the linux-driver will
support it.

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index