[vdr] hardware 19" 4HU

Hi Emil and all interested,

this chassis

http://www.rackmountnet.com/rackmountchassis/rackmountchassis_4ud.htm

looks very similar to

http://www.redaix.de/produkte/19gehaeuse/frame004-3.htm

which I baught this chassis and I'm on the way to build a systeem.

Problems seen (so far):
- comes without motherboard mounting kit
- can only use CD or DVD drive which is usually only for
  laptops (-> expensive)
  -> I have such a drive now, but it has a NON-standard combined
    IDE power connector (-> sh.t) which is pitily also different
    from 2.5" disk drives
- same for floppy drive: you need a very small one (laptop ?)
- IDE drive chassis are not exact enough -> dangerous to break
  or bend the drive's IDE connector
- difficult to wire the 16 IDE cables under the fan holder
  which is between the motherboard and the drive cage

If this is too much off the lists topic please let me know and the
interested
one's: please email me directly if you want to know how the progress is.

--

Mit Freundlichem Gruß

Karlheinz Pischke

Schleißheimer Str. 63