[vdr] Re: Experimental Live Streaming Patch for VDR 1.0.0

> are you sure? tried both, wmp 6.4 and 7 and both show the video as one
> would
> expect from the resolution those videos have. E.g. German Pro7
broadcasts
> in
> full PAL -> correct aspect ratio because full PAL is 4:3 (here) ...
but
> German RTL2 broadcast with only 480 columns (correct me if i'm wrong)
> anyway, it looks like the video is vertically streched (same effect
that
> happens when a vdr-recording was converted to mpeg-ps with
pvastrumento)
> probably a "feature" in those ms-players *g* ...

Did you try proper full screen (ie Alt+F4) with WMP 6.4 as that works
fine for me?  With full screen I get the correct aspect ratio.

Apparently the ratio problem is a bug/feature of WMP and not the Elecard
decoder, but I would have thought it possible that Elecard could create
a work around in their own decoder.

Zoom Player (http://www.inmarix.com/zplayer) might be a possible
solution to these problems but I haven't really tried it myself.

Here's a thread on Elecard's forum about the aspect ratio problems:

http://elecard-med.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10

It should be possible to write a simple DirectShow player that handles
the aspect ratio correctly.  Such a player may already exist but I have
yet to find it.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index