[vdr] Re: SuSE 8.0: Problems with make insmod

I've the same problem!
It's not only the dvb-module. The Nvidia module has the same error.
I've not found where the compiler take this function, because in
saa7146_core.c line 80 (where at compiletime is a warrnig) is not call
of this function.
:o(

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>I tried to update from SuSE 7.3 to 8.0 yesterday. Everything
>concerning VDR (driver, lirc, vdr) compiles fine (IMO).
>
>If I try an "make insmod" for the driver I get the following
>result. Any ideas ??
>
>CU Norbert
>
>Warning: loading dvbdev.o will taint the kernel: non-GPL license - LGPL
>Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-core.o
>Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.o
>Warning: loading tuner.o will taint the kernel: no license
>saa7146_core.o: unresolved symbol kmap_pagetable
>saa7146_core.o:
>Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
>      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
>      assistance, only they can help you.
>
>saa7146_v4l.o: unresolved symbol saa7146_del_extension
>saa7146_v4l.o: unresolved symbol saa7146_add_extension
>saa7146_v4l.o:
>Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
>      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
>      assistance, only they can help you.
>
>dvb.o: unresolved symbol saa7146_del_extension
>dvb.o: unresolved symbol saa7146_get_handle
>dvb.o: unresolved symbol saa7146_add_extension
>make: *** [insmod] Fehler 1

Home | Main Index | Thread Index