[vdr] Siemens DVB driver : make insmod erroooors

Hey,

I've experimented with a few distributions eg Suse, Redhat and Debian.
I was always able to compile to kernel 2.4.18 on all distro's but was never able
to install the siemens DVB driver.

The make command is successfull, at least: i think so cause it ends with this :

 tuner.c:264: warning: 'tuner_stereo' defined but not used
   make [2] : Leaving directory 'usr/local/src/DVB/driver'
   make [1] : Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux'

Make insmod starts fine until the line:

 insmod: videodev : no module by that name found
   ves1893.0: unresolved symbol

Followed by approx 130 other unresolved symbols till make reports an error:
   make : ***[insmod] Error1

When I install VDR that ships with suse7.3 with yast2 then (an older version of)
VDR can start after runvdr but it restarts often on some channels like Pro7.
It should be clear that I don't wanna use an older version.

What next : mandrake?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index