[vdr] Re: SuSE 8.0: Problems with make insmod

> Hi list,

> I tried to update from SuSE 7.3 to 8.0 yesterday. Everything
> concerning VDR (driver, lirc, vdr) compiles fine (IMO).

> If I try an "make insmod" for the driver I get the following
> result. Any ideas ??

> CU Norbert

[lines deleted]

Hi,

kmap_pagetable is located the linux highmem module.
insmod as used in the DVB makefile doesn't resolve unresolved references,
thus kmap_pagetable is not found.

there are two solutions for this:
1. include <linux/highmem.h> in saa7146_core.c
2. use modprobe in the DVB/driver/Makefile instead of insmod, modprobe
resolves the missing references

(I prefer the second solution, as modprobe is considered the standard way
to load modules)

Hope this helps.

Richard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index