[vdr] new MiniLinux-VDR Distribution of only 5MB size

Hi List,

on www.activy300.1xu.de we deal with all kinds of aspects of the Activy
set-top computer by FSC and running Linux/VDR on it (OK, there is also
windows stuff on our page :-). A member of our forum has made a
minilinux/VDR Distribution of only 4,5 MB size! It has DVD, MP3 and Mplayer
already integrated. We hope to make a real little distribution out of it
oneday. it is based on the following components (the new version is already
VDR 1.0.0.):

"2-Disk Xwindow Linux"
(http://www.mungkie.btinternet.co.uk/projects/2diskXwin.htm), but with
standart SUSE 7.3 kernel 2.4.10-4GB, and libc6 also from SUSE 7.3.
Other Componenst:
Busybox 0.62 (from mungkie linux)
tinylogin 1.0 (from mungkie linux)
libdvdread
libdvdcss 1.0.0
libmad
liba52
DVB Drivers 0.94 (firmware from 0.93)
VDR 1.0.0pre4 (with AIO patch)

althou it was ment for the activy, perhaps you find it useful and we would
be glad to get your feedback in our forum to help us make it better.
actually this is a way to get VDR to people who dont want to hassle with
linux and compiling stuff. Just copy the 4,5MB somewhere and run a bat file,
thats it. everything is "precompiled". we think linux/VDR could be more
widely spread if installing would be easier. Not everyone is a "linuxguru"
like so many people here on this mailinglist :-)

cu
Mirko "Psychonaut" Morschheuser

Home | Main Index | Thread Index