[vdr] Will these work for linux?

sorry if everyone has allready seen this, but I didn't
recieve a response:

Will these work for linux?

http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod1767.htm
http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/cams.htm

all these do is plug into the DVB-s PCI cards and
read you CIM, or that subscription card anyway, right?
 If so I can make a DVR here in the US with Dish
Networks service, right?  I'll subscribe, I'm not
getting channels illegaly.  I just need to know this
stuff before I order, 'cause I don't think it will be
easy to send back since it's all in Europe.  Also, I
noticed these plug into the DVB-c cards, do they make
a DVB-s card like that?  If not how to I connect them
to the DVB-s card?

Thanx,
Stan