[vdr] Re: AIO 17.04

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: AIO 17.04 (17-Apr-2002 15:47)
From:    aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 15:28, Florian Engelmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > couls someone PLEASE explain me the liveAC3 thing?!
> > my hardware:
> > digital output of the dvb-s connected to my external yamaha decoder (DD and
> > DTS).
> > on dvd playback DD works fine - but what do i have to do to get ac3 working
> > on pro7????
>
> DD and DTS out through the dvb card only works for playback (dvd or
> recordings) and transfer mode. The AC3 stream of a live feed can *NOT* be
> output through the dvb card that is recieving the feed.
>
> In your case, either a second dvb card (a nova would be enough) or a sound
> card with digital out is needed.
>
> BTW: does DTS over the DVB card work for you?

For me DTS over DVB card work. Only my receiver (yamaha rx-v595)
doesn't switch back to analog, i have to replay a dd-stream first.

Aside from that dvd-replay has really improved. Replay is smooth
now, before i had jerk every ~0.5sec while watching american pie 2.

FF/REW now works without picture-disturbance. FF don't crash my vdr
anymore (as far as i could test it), while RW still do.
Another difference to the previous versions is the cpu-load before
crashing (after REW), before it went up to 100% now it's normal
(~10%).

My choices in setup are gone after a vdr-restart (ac-3 replay etc.),
am i doing something wrong or are these options not stored in setup.conf ?

I don't know if you are in charge with this, but DD+DTS replay works,
only normal recordings from pro7 not. My receiver is showing 'digital'
but stays silent (i guess that's only dd2.0?). Some films from pro7
who contain other dd-code (5.1? / receiver shows 'DolbyDigital') like
some films work well.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index