[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

Thomas Keil wrote:

> - A Zap-Back key.
> To zap back to the channel you've previously been.
> For example if you watch something, commercials start and you zap away,
> most probably more than just one channel. With this you can zap back
> directly to the channel you've started.

One possible solution I could imagine would be to reset a timer
every time the channel is switched, and if that timer exceeds a certain
(configurable) limit, the channel that was tuned to at that time becomes
the new "last channel". Something like this:

- channel 1 has been being viewed for quite a while
- user switches to channels 2, 3, 4, ... and doesn't stay on
  any of these for more than one minute (his configured timeout)
- user presses '0' and gets back to channel 1

- user switches to channels 2, 3, 4 and finally stays on 5 for more
  than 1 minute
- pressing '0' still gets him back to channel 1

- user switches to channels 2, 3, 4, stays on 5 for more than 1 minute
  and then switches to 6
- pressing '0' gets him back to channel 5, since that's the last one
  he stayed on for more than 1 minute

Setting the timeout to 0 (the default) would result in the existing
behaviour.

What about that?

Klaus