[vdr] Re: AW: VDR with AIO-patch seems to disable dma

On Saturday 20 April 2002 19:35, Eike M. Lang wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:09:44 +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote concerning "[vdr]
> Re: AW: VDR with AIO-patch seems to disable dma":
>
> [dma gets disabled when playing DVDs]
>
> > I'm not aware of anything in vdr, the dvd or the AIO patch that would
> > reset your ide parameters.
> > Have you tried setting the 'keep settings' parameter to 1?
>
> Just tried that, to no avail, somemthing definitely turns it off,
> but thanks for the hint.
>
> I'll try hooking the DVD up to the regular IDE controller instead
> of the on-board Promise controller and let everyone know if that
> was of any help.

there is one more thing i could think of, but it is so trivial and i'm not
sure it could happen in your case....

of the paramters, also an ide bus error would eventualy result in such a
reset. Any of those events should show up in your syslog.

btw: are you using the kernel provided by your distro and what distro are you
using?

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index