[vdr] DVD play is not smooth

Hello,

i have problems with replaying my DVD's on the VDR.

I have four DVD and with all four replay is not smooth.

DVD frozen every few seconds for millisecond.
Audio and Video stucks every few seconds.
On a "normal" DVD-Player all four DVD's plays smooth.

My Linux-VDR:
Duron 800Mhz, DVD 16x , Suse 7.2 , Kernel 2.4.4
2x Hauppauge DVB-S 2.1 ,VDR 1.0.0 with AIO 17.04.02 and the DVB-Driver
Siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-04-01.tgz from Klaus Schmidinger's site.

No problems with VDR record and replay only with DVD replay.

DMA for the DVD-ROM-Drive is enabled.

I have testet DVD-Speed with different hdparm -E Option's.

hdparm -E1  Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E4  Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E16 Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E48 Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd

No change with different -E parameter.

I have copyed the complete DVD on my harddisk and have link /dev/hda with /dev/dvd .
With replay DVD from my harddisk same problem, the replay stucks every few
seconds.

I testet it with older VDR-versions and older DVB-versions with all testet versions the replay is unsmooth.

What can i test now?

I think i need a little bit of help because i like my VDR-machine and i don't want to buy a externe DVD-Player.

Holger Wagner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index